The Commercial Inspectors of America (CIA™) was established as an association to promote and develop certified and licensed commercial inspectors in the professional commercial building inspection industry.
Members will be certified in the inspection disciplines of:
Our organization designs policies, procedures, and standards that promote accurate reporting for strategic decision making.
- Property Condition Assessments
- Environmental Phase I and Phase II assessments
- Septic and Well
- Energy efficiency
- Carbon Foot-printing
Each member will receive a certification and a belt in the discipline that they are trained for. Members can apply for four levels of belts (or any combination of belts):
Belts can be applied for as an individual or as a corporation.
- Brown Belt - At this level, a member is certified in Property Condition Assessments.
- Green Belt - At this level, a member is certified in Environmental Assessments, (Phase I & II, Radon, Septic and Well).
- Yellow Belt - At this level, a member is certified in Energy Assessments, (Energy Efficiency, and Carbon Foot-print).
- Black Belt - At this level, a member has achieved certification in all disciplines, (Brown Belt, Green Belt AND Yellow Belt).
The CIA™ logo will be awarded to each individual or corporation that passes testing in the color of the belt he/she has achieved. Certified individuals may use the CIA™ logo on brochures, business cards, and for other advertising purposes to display to clients their achievement of CIA™ certification.
Each year, the voting members will recognize an individual and a corporation for outstanding performance in each of the three disciplines, (PCA, Environmental, Energy), predicated on their previous year's accomplishments in their respective industries.
www.ciaaweb.org is a world class site that is designed to provide information to prospective CIA™ members, but also offers certified members the following:
For the Affiliate, there are two levels of advertising. We encourage all Affiliates to take advantage of the Platinum Level; it provides the following:
- Advertising and links to their website.
- Educational sites to enhance their product offering and increase their revenue stream
- Testing sites for certification.
- Discounts for insurance, promotional items, tools, and much more from affiliates who advertise with CIA™.
- A library of information and terms to enhance reporting or identifying deficiencies.
- Commercial Inspectors Association of America Newsletter
- A CIA™ web discussion board
- Much more!
- Free links and description of your company on ciaaweb.org on the Affiliate listing page
- Annual subscription to the CIA™ Insider our newsletter published quarterly.
- Access to the CIA™ membership forum discussion boards on ciaaweb.org
- Use of the CIA™ Affiliate Member logo for your advertising and marketing materials
- Free link from the CIA™ Web site to your company's web site
- Discounted advertising - up to 25% off
- Exclusivity within your industry's category for one year